Rookie Team Resources
The FIRST® website is full of great resources and materials to help both Rookie and Veteran teams prepare for their season. For a Rookie team however, it can feel a bit overwhelming knowing where to begin and what is important to know now vs. later.
Below are links to some of the more helpful FIRST Tech Challenge pages and materials/resources for Rookie teams. While this is not an exhaustive list, it is a good place for Rookie teams to get started. One additional way for Rookie teams to learn is from other teams. We highly encourage team networking and love to see veteran teams mentor Rookie teams. You can check out some of our Rookie team workshops from the Ultimate Goal season on our Student Workshops Ohio FTC YouTube Playlist. You can find the links to all of our playlists on our Team Resources page.
- FTC Game and Season Information – A hub to help navigate to season specific information
- FTC Resources Page – Contains links to important and helpful season specific materials
- Team Management Resources – Contains links to important and helpful materials and information. Some key resources for Rookie teams that can be found on this page are:
- Robot Building Resources – A one-stop shop for Rookie teams to help get started on robot design, programming, and building. Some key resources for Rookie teams that can be found on this page are:
- Programming Resources – A great starting point for Rookie teams to help them begin programming whether they are using Blocks, OnBot Java, or Android Studio.
*** Many of these materials and resources are updated with the new challenge/game every season.